Sunday, June 8, 2014

Authors After Dark Featured Author Interview: Carrie Clevenger

AAD Featured Author Interview: Carrie Clevenger

Welcome Authors After Dark 2014 featured author Carrie Clevenger!

 Is this your first year attending AAD?
Although the dark is my constant companion, this is my first year seeing authors after it.

What made you want to come to AAD?
I’d heard quite a bit about AAD from friends in the industry and it fits my scope of writing for the most part. I’m hoping to make new friends and am absolutely ecstatic that I already have readers making plans to come to see me.
 
If you were to suggest one of your books to the AAD attendees, which book would it be?
My current offering is the Crooked Fang series, with the book titles of Crooked Fang, Traitors and a special tie-in novella with my long-time co-writer and editor, Blood and Fire. I’d recommend readers start with Crooked Fang, although Traitors was written as a self-contained novella to the extent that one wouldn’t be completely baffled if they decided to start there.

If an adoring fan wanted to buy you a drink at the bar, what’s your poison?
I wonder if I can get a good Mexican martini in North Carolina...Blue Moon beer, whiskey and cola, or Guinness.

Everyone loves the conference costumes. Can you give any hints about what to expect?
Seeing myself in the mirror today suggests that “cavewoman” might be the easiest option.
 

SWAG. We all love SWAG! What cool stuff are you bringing?
I have Traitors and Crooked Fang postcards, but am looking at also handy-dandy fridge sticker-uppers (magnets) and quite possibly, ink pens. People do still use actual writing tools, yes?

We’re all excited about the book signing. What books will you have on hand to sign and sell?
Crooked Fang and Traitors, for certain. I hope to also have a few copies of Blood and Fire.

Where can readers find you?
Aside from Googling me like my family has, people seeking me out can find me fairly easily on the Twitters as @carrieclevenger, view and explore Crooked Fang as a separate (my precioush) universe at http://www.crookedfang.com/ and read stories from my archive of flash fiction/endure my occasional rants at http://www.carrieclevengerstories.com/
Fans of Crooked Fang can certainly go like the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CrookedFang
I also write purely erotic works as Annice Sands, though I’m still establishing that author path. Fledgling sites are @annicesands on Twitter and Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/annicesandserotics

No comments: