Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Authors After Dark Featured Author Interview: Hildie McQueen






AAD Featured Author Interview: Hildie McQueen

Hildie McQueenWelcome Authors After Dark 2014 featured author Hildie McQueen!

Is this your first year attending AAD?
No this is my third, the first year I attended as a reader and got about as much out of the con as I do now.  There is so much to do.  Such a blast.
 
What brings you back to AAD?
I enjoy an event that is geared to the readers and that’s what AAD is all about.  Also it’s small enough that you can mingle with people and not get lost in the crowd, yet large enough that you get to have a blast with a few hundred friends.
So where will attendees be able to find you at AAD? Do you hang out in the bar? The lobby? Or are you the one who throws parties in their room?
Definitely will be having a margarita at the bar. Here’s a great idea for a game “Where’s Hildie”, try the bars and if I’m not there, then I’ll be crashing a party.  Find me at the bar, I may just buy you a drink.
 
Hildie McQueen Montana Blue
Do you have a book coming out before AAD you want the attendees to know about?
Yes, the latest in my Shades of Blue, Montana Blue is out in the Western Nights Anthology.  Also the first book in my new series. The Gentrys of Montana, The Rancher, will be released just a few weeks before AAD!!  I’m excited about both.
If you were to suggest one of your books to the AAD attendees, which book would it be?
You know that is the hardest question to ask an author.  I’m going to say Where the Four Winds Collide, it’s such a great story.
Tell us about the party you’re hosting at AAD!
Several bestselling crazy authors and I will be hosting the Mad Tea Party on Saturday from 5-6 p.m.  Enter a world of madness, win prizes at games that make no sense at all and prepare to laugh until your sides ache.  Goodie bags will be given to first 100 attendees!
 
What panels will you be on at AAD?
I will be on two panels, An interactive fun one, “Readers Rule Romance”,  where the tables will be turned on readers, and they’ll be the ones plotting the stories for us. I can’t wait for that one. Also find me at the Historical Romance panel.  
Hildie McQueen Where the Four Winds CollideIf an adoring fan wanted to buy you a drink at the bar, what’s your poison?
First a Margarita on the rocks, second an ice cold Blue Moon, I drink wine at home mostly Cabernet or Malbec
We’re all excited about the book signing. What books will you have on hand to sign and sell? 
I’m bringing my Westerns!  All of my Westerns!!  LOL.
Where can readers find you?
www.HildieMcQueen.com
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/HildieMcQueen

No comments: