Sunday, June 29, 2014

Authors After Dark Featured Author Interview: Desiree Holt

AAD Featured Author Interview: Desiree Holt

Desiree HoltWelcome Authors After Dark 2014 featured author Desiree Holt!
 
Is this your first year attending AAD?
Yes, it is, and I’m very excited about it. I have heard such great things about it from both autghors and readers.
 
What made you want to come to AAD?
Both my street team leader and author friends who have attended kept telling me what a special event it is. Authors recommended it as a great venue to connect with readers on a personal level, which of course is very important to me.
So where will attendees be able to find you at AAD? Do you hang out in the bar? The lobby? Or are you the one who throws parties in their room?
Not throwing a party in my room this year but I am hosting one of the tables at the ball. Lust, of course, with the fabulous Saranna DeWylde. I am also in the scavenger hunt, the ribbon party and on three separate panels. The rest of the time, yeah *wink*, hanging out in the bar.
 
Ride the MustangDo you have a book coming out before AAD you want the attendees to know about?
I just had a release, Ride the Mustang, part of the SEALs Going Hot series, and Spurred to Submission releases in June. Also I’d love for them to check out Beyond Addiction, which just came out from Ellora’s Cave. That was a tough, very intense book to write. And I’d also like them to keep an eye out for Finding Julia, out in September. My first release with Kensington.
If you were to suggest one of your books to the AAD attendees, which book would it be?
Wow. Let me think. It’s really hard for me to choose and I’m torn between two: Aftershock and Beyond Addiction. One is an intense love story and the other a very intense BDSM love story. They represent both sides of my writing.
Tell us about the party you’re hosting at AAD!
I heard through the grapevine you’re sponsoring a table at the Sins & Virtues ball. Tell us more!
Yes, hosting with Saranna DeWylde. The Lust, table, of course. We will have favors for our readers and it gives me a chance to chat with readers on a more intimate basis.
What panels will you be on at AAD?
I’m on three of them: BDSM-Where To Start; Erotica; and Sports, which is great because I am just starting a football series for Kensington.
If an adoring fan wanted to buy you a drink at the bar, what’s your poison?
Jack Daniel's with a splash of water. Jack and I are old friends!
Everyone loves the conference costumes. Can you give any hints about what to expect?
It’s a big secret! *wink*
 
Jungle InfernoSWAG. We all love SWAG! What cool stuff are you bringing?
Still working on that with my street team leader but it will all revolve around my Naked Cowboys and my Phoenix Agency. Although I may have the first Finding Julia swag, too. Think tote bags, clips, buttons, maybe even special key chains.
We’re all excited about the book signing. What books will you have on hand to sign and sell?
Most likely my Phoenix Agency series, which has been a huge hit.
Where can readers find you?
www.desireeholt.com
www.desiremeonly.com
www.facebook.com/desireeholtauthor
Twitter @desireeholt
Pinterest: desiree02holt
Also on LinkedIn and Google+

No comments: