Friday, August 21, 2015

Never Say Never...When Goals and Plans Change

Plans change and goals shift. Sometimes for the better. Last night I was talking with another writer about some plans I made that I thought were solid. Ending a series and putting a few book into a box set had been one of my goals. After talking it out I realized it wasn't really what I wanted to do.

Just like reading you story saying stuff out loud, whether someone is listening or not, can help you decide if you're going in the right direction. I count typing it out here and on a forum I belong to as talking out loud. Basically seeing the words and hearing them can push away all the distractions and make you take stock in what your real goals are.

So in this case it has pushed me to make some changes. I've decided to add a novella to one of my series as a wrap it all up with a bow story. It's a slight change to the schedule I had planned, but it'll be better in the long run.

Along with changes I've made I was going to release the first book in a new series, but I decided to see if a certain publisher was interested in it first. I'm currently working on book 2 in the series so eventually it will be released, just not sure with who.

I've also started a project that sounds great, out loud and on paper. So plans for that sexy fun series are in the works. Hopefully it will start off with a dozy of a holiday story. 

All in all I'm going to be pretty busy over the next few months, which makes me happy. Hopefully it'll make readers happy too.

No comments: