Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day 11: Getting Back To It.

I've come to realize today that skipping days is not a good writing process for me. I write romantic comedies and contemporary romances and normally have two projects going at once. This process allows me to work on one I'm having trouble with the other work in progress. Right now I'm solely working on one story. Okay I'm making dozens of notes for the new series, but I am not writing it.

Getting back into the flow of the story isn't hard, because the characters are driving the story. My problem is I keep think I already wrote parts of the story that I had meant to, or in my foggy brain dreamed I had. Anyway I had to go back and reread the last six pages to figure out how badly I screwed up. Tomorrow I will hopefully make some headway.

Sneak peak of Gina and Wes (unedited):
“I’m going to tell you something I don’t think anyone else ever has.” Gina doubted that.  “And I want you to listen to me.”
Whatever he was about to say she’d most likely heard in one or more of the many lectures she’d gotten from her father and sister. “What’s that?”
“Don’t be so hard on yourself.” Gina just started at him until he laughed. “I told you. Gina, take it from someone who knows you better than you think, you've come a long way in a very short time. You’re going to make mistakes. We all do. And there’s nothing wrong with blowing off a little steam from time to time.”
“I was reckless.”
“Did you use protection?”
His question took her by surprise for just a second. “Of course.”
“Then you weren't reckless. A little impulsive, but hardly irresponsible.”

“But what if someone saw me sneaking out of there?” Oh how she hoped no one recognized her.

No comments: