Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 3. Slight back slide, and Next Goal.

I'd love to say I got the office finished and wrote a lot. Hell if I was going to lie like that I could say I wrote a whole new novel.

However the truth is I spent the day trying to stay awake. Off and on over the past few weeks I've felt yucky. This brings us to my next goal. With diabetes I should be watching what I eat and getting plenty of exercise. Both things I have been slacking on.

I know my tiredness and dragging feeling has a lot to do with this. So it's back to an eating schedule. Eating at regular intervals seems to help, but that's not enough. I need to start monitoring what I eat, and cutting out a bunch of stuff I know I shouldn't have. Drinking more water is on my list too.


My 1st attempt at Etouffee
I've decided that I'm going to try 1 new recipe a week. If your a friend Facebook you've probably seen me post food pictures there when I try something new. Over the past few years I have found a few great recipes the whole family likes. I think I'll make them on Fridays since the whole family is usually home then. So on Saturdays I'll post picture and nutritional content. Along with that I'll let you know what the family thinks.

Me with Diana Castilleja at Authors After Dark in
New Orleans in 2012
As for exercise I'm going to use the stationary bike my hubby bought me a few years ago. On nice days my son has offered to walk with me. I weigh 263lbs as of today. Hopefully by August I'll have lost at least 60lbs.
Wish me luck!!!



No comments: