Friday, April 2, 2010

Those Pesky Commas

I'll admit one of my biggest grammer issues is commas. They really don't like me and the feeling is totally mutual.


I'm working on conquering this, so I've been doing some reading and listening. I think I have found the basic problem. Ready? Here goes.


Commas are used to seperate things, also inserted where a person would take a breath. The first I'm good with. The second is the issue.


I come from a big family of 7 kids and 2 parents. I'm the second oldest. In my childhood, and even now as an adult with all the nieces and nephews running around, if you wanted to be heard you talked loud and fast.


Now the loud feature I've gotten under control unless I'm angry. The speed talking however I still tend to do. So to those (many) who have said try reading it out loud and if you need to take a breath add a comma all I can say is:

'I don't need them and if I do there in the wrong place.'


Guess it's easy to say this pesky little punctuation mark and I aren't going to see eye to eye for a while.



Rita Sawyer
Giving You It All
Romance Passion Laughter
http://www.ritasawyer.com/

No comments: