Thursday, October 9, 2014

Branding: How Much Do I Suck!

I'm not sure, but I'm going to figure it out starting now. Since I decided to be completely, 100% honest with this blog I'm going to just say whatever comes to mind. Starting with this topic.

Branding is an issue for a lot of people. Companies, artist, and ordinary people all want to be recognized for what they stand for. As an author for me it's how get someone to look at my books as a cohesive group. I want people who read any of my books to say yup that was on of Rita's books.

So what are the questions I need to answer myself to see if I can do this?

What do all my books have in common?
Well hopefully they're fun. I like to laugh. So even though there are some serious moments I don't think the books are too heavy. So I try to give my readers it all. Romance, Passion, and Laughter.

Do people even know who the hell I am?
This comes down to discoverability and promo. I'm working on this topics as well, but again I have to get my ass in gear and figure this shit out!

How the hell do I make readers take notice?
That's the million dollar question. I'm not one of those authors who start shit. Meaning if I don't have something nice to say I try not to say anything. I often hear about authors behaving badly and I never want to be one of those. On the other hand I need to step up and shout hey here I am.

I know there's so many more things that affect me and my writing and sales. For now I'm going to have to focus on these three and decide where to go.

No comments: